Genetics: Aren't They Great!

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Birthday!

Yesterday was a day that I had been waiting a long time for. Jesse's birthday! I was so excited to buy him things that he wanted this year. I got him our generic gift of picture frames (we get them for each other every year), because who couldn't use more picture frames!?! Then, I picked up X-men, Happy Gilmore and Ocean's 11. Fun dvds, and he really wanted X-men. Since he's obsessed with Halloween, I got him quite a few decorations from the Bombay Co: a mummy statue, a spiderweb table runner (it's pretty kewl), candles, and a couple of tealight lanterns.

Since he made my birthday this year really special, I wanted to do the same for him. I planned on getting him a Giordano's pizza, because that's his fave, then picking up a couple of Chicago dogs from this new place that opened up down the street, and finishing off the night with dessert from the melting pot.

Unfortunately, I spent so much on his birthday gifts and extra Halloween decorations that I had to cut out the $60 pizza. I had worked myself up so much about how great this night was going to be, that I blew it (at least the money). It doesn't help that the night I went to order it was the night that I started my monthly visit from a good friend, mother nature. So, I was so bummed that all I could do was cry, because in my mind it was going to be this big surprise that he would love and remember forever.

Well, last night came, and we did 2 of the 3 things originally planned. We left about 1/2 hour late, which was fine. We got to the Hot Dog King and ordered. Well, we waited. It took almost 1/2 hour to make the hot dogs and then eat them. The price was good, and the length wasn't that long. All in all, it wasn't too bad, except that there was only one person working. ON A FRIDAY NIGHT!!!! That's why it took so long to make and eat. We then headed up to Salt Lake. As we were leaving Utah County, The freeway boards read "Crash, Left Lanes Closed at 10600 S." So, instead of only taking 30-45 min to get there it took over an hour. Everything was not going as planned (at least time wise.) It wouldn't have been so bad if we had reservations. I figured there would be a wait, but if we got there early enough, it wouldn't be too bad. Well, we got to the melting pot, but it was at 8:15 on a Friday night. What more can I say? The wait was supposed to be 2 1/2 hours. Actually, it was 1 1/2. I know we're crazy for waiting, but Jesse said it would be okay. So, we got seated around 10 pm. Good thing we were only there for dessert. It was so good though. I'd wait again!

For what it's worth, Jesse had a good time, and it was nice to go out and do something just for ourselves.

1 Comments:

Blogger Proud Mum said...

I'm so sorry you missed out on Giordano's -- now you've got me salivating over the stuff! But I'm really glad he still enjoyed his birthday and that at least you got to go to the Melting Pot. We really like that place!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home