Genetics: Aren't They Great!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Daddy Time

Last night was my first day/night on the job. We knew I was closing, which meant Jesse was going to take care of Carter all by himself for the night. It's not that Jesse's an unfit father who would burn the place down when it's the two of them left alone together. It's just that Carter has certain people who he lets take care of him. Pretty much only me, my mom and one of Jesse's older sisters is allowed to feed him. He's not a man's boy in any way. You can ask Jesse's brothers and father that one. He's also very smart in what he can get away with from each person he knows (like not eating at all when Jesse's mom and oldest sister try to feed him).

Well, hearing about last night made me very proud of my boys. Piston, the dog, of course did excellent. Jesse wasn't frustrated, and Carter was asleep and tucked in. I asked Jesse how things went. He told me Carter ate, and they played. He even told me that Carter signed his first prayer. Jesse was so excited for that. Jesse misses out on a lot of Carter firsts, mainly because Carter won't let him see. This little act of copying daddy made Jesse a happy man, which makes me a happy mommy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Proud Mum said...

Hooray!
I have yet to be gone long enough for Paul to put Little Red to bed. I was gone once until 8:30 and found both boys on the couch waiting for me. I guess everything had gone well until Paul, holding Little Red, got near the crib and Little Red took one look at him, screamed "MUMMY!" and that was the end of bedtime. A one-minute cuddle with me put him down.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home