Genetics: Aren't They Great!

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Punishment is a Learning Time

Carter, like most kids, has a hard time when he's told not to do something. Every child is different in their reactions to this simple command. Carter's reaction is usually to attack me in one way or another, like biting, hitting, pinching, etc. Well, I finally had enough of it today. So, I put him in his crib to cry it off and then closed the door behind me. It had been about a good minute or two when I was getting ready to go back and talk to him. He was still crying. As I started to take my first step towards the door, Jesse and I heard the crying start to get louder. We looked at each other and wonder why. Well, a second later out popped Carter, screaming. He climbed over his crib rails, fell onto all of the toys he threw next to the crib, and opened the partially cracked door to come running into my arms. He ended up with a few scratches and a really sore ego. This was the first time he has ever climbed out of his crib and hopefully his last.

1 Comments:

Blogger Proud Mum said...

WOW!

We've not yet had the climbing out experience, but Little Red climbs in whenever he wants to play... so I guess it's only a matter of time. Sounds like you need another idea! (please share all ideas, I need them, too.)

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home