Genetics: Aren't They Great!

Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Weekend (super long story)

I know the weekend isn't over, but I thought I needed to just write about it. It's been a pretty good one for me, which means that it wasn't that great for Jesse. That's a whole other story. I'll start with the worst part, Carter got sick this week. Not just the sniffles or a little fever, but the full out, 102 degrees with congestion in his chest and sinuses. As I type he is awake and coughing in the bedroom across the way. He's been like this since Wednesday night.

Thursday night was a BYU football game. We left Carter with his grandparents, which they enjoy spending time with him. Well, we got to see BYU womp Wyoming trash sitting from our 12th row seats.

Well, I decided Friday that I've done my time. Carter is quite the mama's boy, and worse when he's sick. So, I went out with Jesse's older sisters that night, and we had dinner and went to one's friend's house where we made holiday cards. It was so nice to just go have a girl's night out. I didn't worry about Carter, because I know he's in capable hands. After we were done making cards, we went back to that sister's house and just hung out for a little bit. I felt bad and left a little early, because I didn't want to get the kids sick, esp. now that they have a newborn! I know it's odd that I would feel that way, but if I'm around Carter all day and he's clinging to me, I don't want to spread those germs around to a family with kids.

Today, Jesse cleaned while I cuddled Carter. Then, I went to work. Let me just say, yes, I'm underemployed, but I love this job. I stand and talk to people all day. Yes, I'm a 'sales associate,' but I don't really have to "sell." I don't have to be a pushy person trying to get others to buy our products. I just have to greet the people and tell them about our sales. If they want to talk, we can talk! I'm not at a sit down job where I'm going to eat and get an even bigger butt! I climb up and down ladders getting stuff, I walk, and if it's really slow, I can read a magazine while doing some leg excerises behind the register! How great of a job is that!?! Yeah, I deal with dumb people, but who doesn't??? I was having so much fun talking tonight that I didn't even know what time it was. I got home late, but then again I sort of wanted to stay to close.

When I got home, our niece and nephews were over. It shouldn't be that bad, but when they step foot in the doors here, all hell breaks loose. At grandma and grandpa's they just go crazy. Well, it's nice to know that Carter can play with his cousins and not end up with brain damage or worse. They play pretty well, or one or two will go and watch tv. So, it's not too bad. Then, Jesse and I went out to dinner, where we were seated as soon as we asked how long a wait for 2 would be. No more than 10 minutes after we ordered, our food was sitting in front of us! What a great weekend this has been for me!

Jesse's weekend

He's super excited about BYU's record and ability to play this year that he loses his voice for almost every home game we go to. Thursday was no different.

Well, like I've said, Carter's sick and a SUPER clingy mama's boy. Not too good for Jess. I left, and Carter screamed. Friday, Carter didn't want to eat dinner with Jesse. That's not too unusual though. However, he also didn't want to take his medicine. That's pretty unusual, because he loves the sweet flavors we have. So, Jess dealt with a sick, screaming toddler Friday night. He wasn't too excited for that.

Today was no different. Carter was just as honary as all get up. He threw fits, bit, hit, and screamed until his little voice couldn't take it anymore. So, he snuggled up to me, until he was ready to let me go. Then, I left for work. Not too long after I left Carter's cousins came over. Jesse can handle them, but he's not a very patient person when it comes to the same rules being disobeyed multiple times in less than an hour. He's not too big of a fan of trying to keep some peace when no one else that is around will help. Don't get me wrong, we love our neice and nephews, it's just that when you live in a house that's not childproof, it's hard to keep 4 kids, ages 2-7 occupied without them getting into something they're not supposed to. (To me, it's too many rules for children that young to obey, esp. if they can't go outstide.) Also, if the kids are around, Carter doesn't eat, unless it's something small and can be taken on the go. So, yet again, Carter fought eating dinner with Jesse. So, Jesse was at his wits end.

Then, we went out, just the two of us. He relaxed and enjoyed himself. He was able to escape the perils that come with a sick child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home