Genetics: Aren't They Great!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Missing home

When I was filling out my applications, I had to look up my high school's address. Well, I got online and found the website. When I graduated, construction was just beggining on the school. It has been finished for quite some time now. It looks nothing like the school I attended. As a matter of fact, half of the teachers that are there weren't there when I left. I really miss my home. Jesse is "sort of jokingly but not really" upset about my family moving to L.A. Right now, I'm really upset because of the homesickness that I have. I miss the railroads everywhere, even though at the time I HATED them. I miss the extreme seasons, the comforting feel I got when I would fly in and see the Chicago skyscrapers and knew I was only a half hour away from home. There were those small town quirks, like knowing everyone (literally) in your school by name and them knowing you. I really miss the fairs and the thunder and lightning storms. I miss living in a town with a 7 square mile area, that has approx. 60 miles of streets (that's total). I just miss the familiarity of everything. It wasn't as bad as I thought. It's the people that made it bad, but then again it was other people who made it great and crazy fun! I can't wait to go back to visit my friends, and maybe see an aunt that I haven't seen in a LONG time!

1 Comments:

Blogger Proud Mum said...

Sorry.

You must have caught my homesickness.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home