Genetics: Aren't They Great!

Friday, November 17, 2006

The odd things in life

As we know, Carter has quite the personality. Sometimes I refer to him as my genetically improbable child or my nonhuman child, due to him wanting to take bathes over eating candy and cookies. Well, now I just call him my weird child.

Today, started out as any normal day. I fed Carter breakfast, cleaned up, put Carter and Piston in the bedroom with cartoons, and took my shower. When I got out, Carter was wanting me to hold him. No big deal, because he sometimes does when I leave him alone, even for 10 minutes. Well, I was still in my robe when I laid down with him. After a few minutes of just laying there, I sat up and Carter wiped his fingers on my knee. On those fingers was a nice layer of goober from him sucking on them. So, I did what any other parent would do. I went, "Eeeewwww!" and wiped it off my knee. Not more than 5 sec. had gone by when he proceeded to finish putting the rest of the goober on my knee. So, I wiped his fingers off and tried to pull my knee length robe down over my knee. Carter wasn't going to leave it at that. He threw my robe away from my knee and pulled the goober on his face and put it on my knee. By this time it was a super fun game we were playing according to him. I wiped his face and told him that was enough. Instead of doing the smart thing in getting up and putting on clothes right away, I decided to let him know he's not supposed to do that. So, as funny as it was to him, he curled up on my lap and LICKED my knee! He didn't just do this once, he did it twice! The second one was done while I was picking him up off my lap. To him that was the funny retaliation he had on mommy. According to Jesse, his sister, and her husband that was hilarious. Why is that sooooo funny??? It's just plain gross!

1 Comments:

Blogger Proud Mum said...

sounds like he was marking you anyway he could!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home