Genetics: Aren't They Great!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Big help

Carter is so funny. To him everything has a place. It doesn't matter what it is, it just has a place. He loves to help, at least for now. I think he also loves the praise that he gets (just like any other child) when he helps put away toys.

So, yesterday started as any regular day. He woke up, and woke me by saying, "Mom! Mom! Mum! Mum!" I turned on the tv for him while I was trying to walk in my groggy transe state. I took out Piston and fed him, then got Carter's milk. I changed his morning diaper. Then Carter decided he didn't want to stay and do cuddle time with mommy, because he'd rather be playing with all of the cool, different toys that are here to play with. So, he ran around for a little bit while I tried to warm back up from being outside in 40 some degree wet weather. Not too long after I went to feed Carter breakfast. I noticed that I forgotten to close the bathroom door. Big mistake! I know Carter loves the toilet, the bathtub and the diaper pail, because it's fun to make the weight slide down on the diapers in the pail. So, I went in to see if he had gotten into anything bad. Well, his morning poopy diaper was missing! I searched the play room, the extra bedroom, our bedroom, the living room, and the cabinets in the bathroom. It was nowhere! Finally, I looked at the diaper pail. It was open, because we were airing it out and hadn't put a trash bag in it yet. So, I looked in, and right in the middle at the bottom there was the diaper. Carter knew that his STINKY ones go in there.

After breakfast, he decided to help out with some laundry. We had some dirty clothes on the floor, because we had been cleaning the others the day before. Well, the basket that I just emptied was on the floor next to his chair. So, Carter was so good to help me put all of the dirty clothes that were on the floor, or just the others that he brings out, into that basket. He did that without me asking him. It was so funny! Then he put that basket next to the closet where we keep his dirty laundry hamper.

Not only has he done all of that, but he helps me make our bed in the mornings or afternoons, depending on when he lets me. It's so funny to watch him follow me from side to side and pull his little Carter pulls with the blankets.

I love my little helper!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home