Genetics: Aren't They Great!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Waiting Game

Last night I got a call from my sister-in-law, the one who is pregnant. This small action resulted in a minor heart attack on my part, because I'm the one who they were going to call when she would have gone into labor. The reason that this is all past tense is due to her doctors set up a time for her to be induced due to circumstances. We agreed that I would go over at 7:00 am today to watch their other 3 children. Well, it's now 11:15 am and all morning I've received nothing but, "Is the baby here yet?" "When is the baby coming?" "What are they doing?" and so on and so forth. I have now received 2 calls about the same thing. One from my younger sister-in-law, and the other from my father-on-law. The only reason that I need to blog this is because, they are asking me to keep them updated on something that I'm not there for! I'm with the kids answering their questions and trying to explain to them how this all works. I'm sure our brother-in-law will be the one to answer all of the questions, esp. since he's the one married to the pregnant woman! I'm also sure that he will call EVERYONE when the baby is born. I also know that it's only 11:20 and everyone is tired of playing this waiting game.

1 Comments:

Blogger Proud Mum said...

Inductions still take time! If they want an immediate birth they should go the surgical route (although you know how strongly I feel about avoiding that!!!)

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home