Genetics: Aren't They Great!

Monday, September 25, 2006

Sad Days

This morning Carter came running into the computer room and ran into our dog. Our dog is now wise enough to get out of the way unless there is someone around that he's playing with, like my mother-in-law. So, Piston took a gentle step out of Carter's way throwing Carter's steps off causing him to fall. He was hurt, and we knew. I took Carter who was holding his hand up for me. Looking down I saw a nice cut on him. We washed and dried it. I bandaged it and thought all would be well. Nope. Carter was more traumatized with having a bandaid on that he tried everything to get it off, including screaming. He bit part of it off too. Well, I took him to the bedroom to see if he'd relax with some cartoons. The entire time he was screaming, because I would stop him from taking it off. He got so angry and frustrated with me that for 10 minutes he tried to attack me. He came from every angle he could to bite or pinch me. After another 5-10 minutes of just screaming, he finally let me just comfort him. I turned him around after not too long, and he just sat on my lap and watched tv. His face was so sad. After 5 minutes of tv, he started to adjust himself to get more comfortable. Not too much longer, he was dozing off. He was so exhuasted from screaming that he took his nap at 10:45. He hasn't done that in a LONG time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home