Genetics: Aren't They Great!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Doctor's visit

Yesterday, Carter had his first doctor's visit since he turned one. We found out that his head is 46 cm round, finally back on the 5%, he's 32 3/4 in, which is more than 25%, and his weight is only 21 lbs 3 oz, still off the charts. He's almost 2 and just barely over 20 lbs! There's no wonder as to why though. While waiting for the doctor, Carter figured out how to open the door and escape. That sent his aunt, our nurse, running all over the office with Carter in nothing but his diaper. It was actually quite funny. After that, he got the doctor's stool, pushed it to the table where he's supposed to wait patiently, and started doing his laps of mini sprints. I got him down right before the doctor came in. As soon as I put Carter back on the floor, he was climbing the stool to the table. The only thing the doctor said when he saw that was, " Wow! He's quite the climber." I've always known this. I've also known that he's quite the helper. Throughout the entire time of me talking to the doctor, Carter was helping me get his clothes and paperwork 'organized'. The doctor was impressed. Later the doctor asked if he was born early. I wish that were the case, but no. I just have a child who is perfectly healthy, and very much active, who grows at the same rate a premature baby does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home