Genetics: Aren't They Great!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

So Close

A couple of weekends ago, Jesse's brother-in-law confronted me with some news. He told me of how he and Jesse's sister had been doing so many things for the family and taking everyone on vacations. He let me know how that next week they were taking the oldest sister to Disneyland with them to be the 'nanny.' Having 4 kids and only 2 adults is kinda hard there (esp. with a newborn). So, he proceded to tell me how they were going to feel bad if they didn't do something like that for us. Jesse and I wouldn't have cared, heck we didn't even notice!

Well, they figured that since Jesse's brother-in-law's parents keep inviting us to go out to Missouri, where they are from, that's where we're going to go this summer. We're going to take a week long vacation back to the midwest. I'm so excited to actually stay in Missouri, but still, I'm a little disheartened to know that I'm not going back home. I grew up 1/2 hour outside of Chicago, so not too far from where we'll be. The real heartbreaker for me is knowing that we will most likely be going to Nauvoo for a day. That's only a 5 hour drive from my old house! I am really looking forward to going on vacation, but I'm so depressed knowing that I will be so close to home and won't even see it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Proud Mum said...

I'm sure you could take a day off from the family and check out the old digs. No one would blame you for being so close to home and wanting to go back. You should totally go for it!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home