Genetics: Aren't They Great!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Almost done!

I'm on the road to finishing things. I start back at school on Monday, and I'm so excited! I've got 3 REALLY interesting psychology classes that I can't wait for: child development, lds perspective and psychology, and intro to social psychology. I understand this takes time away from my little genetic freak, but he's dealing well with me working.

Which brings to mind that I'm almost done working. Our store closes at the end of the month. That means we won't deal with the crazies anymore! There are the people we love to help who call themselves crazy, but they've never met the real crazies. There was a woman who was getting ready to cry because we wouldn't give her the information of another woman whose name she saw on some of the merchandise. She thinks she might have graduated with this other woman but isn't for sure about it. Sorry, but there's no need to freak out in the middle of a store because you want a phone number to someone that might not be the right person. Seriously, I was ready to tell her to leave when she leaned over the register and started pulling our notes out about what to do for our closing. Can people really be this possessed or stupid?

I know there are a lot of people out there who don't have a whole lot of common sense. Still, I can't wait to get away from the ones who try to come in the store 20 min. after the doors have been locked, because they just saw our store closing sign. Or the people who try to claim that they didn't know our store was closing, even though we say "ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS, RETURNS OR EXCHANGES." Yet, they come back the next day to return it saying that it didn't match like they thought it would. Then they get mad at us when we refuse them. Did they not see it on the reciept 'ALL SALES FINAL'!?! Honestly, what more do they want us to do? We can't bend the rules due to the customer's stupidity!

I know Jesse will be happy when I'm done working too. We haven't had a date night in a long time. We've planned nights to go out, but due to the unpredictable schedule for my work I haven't had many weedend nights off. I had last night off, but our babysitters went out. My next weekend night off is the Friday after our anniversary which is in a couple of weeks. We don't know why I can't get more Saturday nights off when I can go in those mornings. We'll both be happy when things settle down a little more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Proud Mum said...

Everyone thinks that they are an exception. "All Sales are Final for the rifraff, but I have a special reason and you should break the rules just for me." I don't miss retail!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home