Genetics: Aren't They Great!

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Doing the Best with what We Have

Jesse and I try to be good parents with how crazy our boy can make us. We just found out tonight that Carter's one of the most well behaved children in nursery. Don't get me wrong. He does play hard when it's time to play. But when we were told how great he is to have in nursery, we wonder who this child is that they know. We don't know why he's two totally different 'little people,' but we do know that getting good reports like that gives us a great comfort in knowing that we're on the right track to raising him properly. Even though he's completely rambunctious and 'free spirited' (I use that very loosely) at home, we take pleasure in knowing that Carter isn't biting other children like he bites me (or his cousin). I feel this justifies me in getting him those loud obnoxious toys that make unbareable noise for Christmas. We ended up buying one of those bounce-n-spin zebras. The main reason that we did was due to the joy and fun he had when he saw the commercial for it. When he saw it at the store it was the same lit up face. As much as I hate hearing the piano and hate the fact that there is no volume control for his microphone, I decided we can make this Christmas extra special for him. So, now most of his toys that he will get will make me want to plug my ears shut, but it's all in the name of love. I think I can live with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home