Genetics: Aren't They Great!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday!

After a not too pleasant black Friday the year I was pregnant, I swore off shopping on it again. Well, as it turns out I not only had to work black Friday, but I had to open on it! At the Bombay Company though, it's not too bad. The store was slow for the first couple of hours. Then the crowds came. One lady was almost ready to put up a fight because she wanted to be the one to have the last of a certain nutcracker. Our computers crashed, so all transactions had to be done by hand. I didn't eat anything all day, but I did have a large Dr. Pepper to keep me awake. (For those of you who know me, I need caffeine pumped into my veins if I'm to be awake before 8:00 am.) I also stayed an extra hour, making my shift an 8 hour one. The best part was seeing a friend that I haven't seen in a couple of years. Really, it wasn't too bad. I like this job, and I have fun doing it. Afterwards, I went to another store to see what they had, but the crowds were so big that I went directly home. Then, we went out and spent more time with the family. When we were done, we actually did more shopping! I'm actually glad we did though. We got the Little Mermaid on dvd for only $8.88! Yeah, I said I didn't want to do it, but who couldn't resist getting a movie for more than 1/2 off! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home